Getting arty in Ely for a time bank charity
- Credit: Archant
A charity art exhibition is set to help raise funds and awareness for Timebank.
The Babylon Gallery in Ely played host to a special fund raising event for the Cambridgeshire Timebank Partnership.
Connections, a charity art exhibition, invited people to buy a blank canvas for £10 to get creative and see their own art exhibited anonymously.
The work will be displayed at the Chetwynd Room, Kings College, on Saturday November 12 from 10-5pm to be sold at £45 each.
Caline Easey, a Timebank co-ordinator said: “This is open to artists and non-artists - young and old! Your medium could be painting, drawing, sewing, sticking - whatever takes your fancy.”
Timebanking is a way of giving and receiving to build supportive networks and strong communities.
She said: “You can earn a Timebank hour by doing something for someone else, it doesn’t matter what that something is and in a Timebank everyone’s time is equal.
- 1 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 2 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 3 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 4 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 5 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 6 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 7 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
- 8 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 9 Students ‘over the moon’ to receive letter from The Queen during project
- 10 Inclusivity at the heart of Dr Pip's goals ahead of Ely by-election
“It could go like this. An hour of gardening equals an hour of IT support, which might equal an hour of cake baking which equals an hour of home repairs. The exchanges can go on and on.”
This fundraiser will allow Timebanks to support even more people to learn new skills, find companionship and connect with their communities, she added.
For more details contact firstname.lastname@example.org.