Get your foot in the door of the travel industry with apprenticeships at a firm with offices in Ely
- Credit: Archant
An apprenticeship scheme has been launched to help people get their first foot in the door of the travel industry.
Apprenticeships are being offered in each of the 17 Premier Travel Agencies in East Anglia, including at the Ely branch.
Apprentices will be trained to become travel agents and learn about destinations around the world, gaining an NVQ Level 2.
Alternatively, people can join the head office of the tour operation-side of the business – Premier Holidays – based near Cambridge.
Sue Papworth, group managing director of Premier Holidays and Premier Travel, said: “We are always looking to invest in bright and enthusiastic people who are passionate about travel.
You may also want to watch:
“Our new apprenticeships are ideal for students looking for their first job, or travel-lovers wanting a career change.
“The most important thing we look for in our staff is a passion for travel and outstanding customer service, so that our clients keep returning to book more holidays.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
Benefits include an in-depth training programme, £260 per week salary, a pension scheme and the opportunity to travel within the first six months.
All of the courses run for 18 months and apprentices have the opportunity to apply for other jobs within either company at the end.