Get your foot in the door of the travel industry with apprenticeships at a firm with offices in Ely
- Credit: Archant
An apprenticeship scheme has been launched to help people get their first foot in the door of the travel industry.
Apprenticeships are being offered in each of the 17 Premier Travel Agencies in East Anglia, including at the Ely branch.
Apprentices will be trained to become travel agents and learn about destinations around the world, gaining an NVQ Level 2.
Alternatively, people can join the head office of the tour operation-side of the business – Premier Holidays – based near Cambridge.
Sue Papworth, group managing director of Premier Holidays and Premier Travel, said: “We are always looking to invest in bright and enthusiastic people who are passionate about travel.
“Our new apprenticeships are ideal for students looking for their first job, or travel-lovers wanting a career change.
“The most important thing we look for in our staff is a passion for travel and outstanding customer service, so that our clients keep returning to book more holidays.”
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 3 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 4 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 5 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 6 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 7 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
- 8 Ely Heroes winner, Alison, attends royal garden party after three-year wait
- 9 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 10 Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
Benefits include an in-depth training programme, £260 per week salary, a pension scheme and the opportunity to travel within the first six months.
All of the courses run for 18 months and apprentices have the opportunity to apply for other jobs within either company at the end.