Get tips to help your photography at free sessions
- Credit: Archant
Ely Photographic Club is offering free entry to an advice and training day for amateur snappers.
The event is taking place from 10am-1pm, on Saturday, June 6, at Ely Cathedral Centre, with a number of experienced club members on hand to answer questions and offer advice.
A spokesman for the club said: “The club is also keen to attract new members so if you would like to find out more about joining the club please pop in and find out the benefits of belonging to the club.
“From 2pm to 5pm, the club will be running training sessions suited to beginners or inexperienced photographers. You do need your own camera, but it doesn’t have to be an SLR - you can bring your compact camera.”
The training sessions will involve a group walking around Ely accompanied by an experienced photographer, who will provide basic guidance and advice on the best techniques to take good photographs.
You may also want to watch:
The group session will then be followed by a talk on how photographs can be processed within computer software.
Anyone interested in the training sessions is asked to book-up beforehand. You can do this by going onto Ely Photographic Club’s Facebook page or by e-mailing email@example.com.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on