Get tips to help your photography at free sessions
- Credit: Archant
Ely Photographic Club is offering free entry to an advice and training day for amateur snappers.
The event is taking place from 10am-1pm, on Saturday, June 6, at Ely Cathedral Centre, with a number of experienced club members on hand to answer questions and offer advice.
A spokesman for the club said: “The club is also keen to attract new members so if you would like to find out more about joining the club please pop in and find out the benefits of belonging to the club.
“From 2pm to 5pm, the club will be running training sessions suited to beginners or inexperienced photographers. You do need your own camera, but it doesn’t have to be an SLR - you can bring your compact camera.”
The training sessions will involve a group walking around Ely accompanied by an experienced photographer, who will provide basic guidance and advice on the best techniques to take good photographs.
The group session will then be followed by a talk on how photographs can be processed within computer software.
Anyone interested in the training sessions is asked to book-up beforehand. You can do this by going onto Ely Photographic Club’s Facebook page or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 7 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told