Get reading with a new mini library for all at a school in Soham
- Credit: Archant
A new mini adult lending library has opened for the community in Soham at The Shade Primary School.
It has a number of adult books donated by the library service and the English faculty at Soham Village College.
Anyone is welcome to borrow the books, by simply signing them in and out of the library, located in the main reception of the school.
Louise Aldridge, community participation officer, from the Cambridgeshire Library Service and Lisa Radcliffe, headteacher of The Shade, opened Little Library with the support of parents and pupils at the school.
Dr Carin Taylor, executive headteacher of the Trust hopes that adults who might find it difficult to get to the main library in Soham on a regular basis will enjoy browsing and borrowing books from the mini library.
You may also want to watch:
She said: We hope that the Little Library provides a new focus for the community in north Soham.
“Above all, even more people are able to share their love of reading with their families and neighbours by taking about the books they have read and enjoyed from the shelves of LittleLibrary@The Shade.”
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 8 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
The Little Library will be accessible between the hours of 10am and 2pm, Monday to Friday.
The Staploe Education Trust has already launched a number of initiatives to promote its ‘Reading Matters’ campaign.
Large numbers of books have been donated to its school libraries, new book clubs have been started in the schools and volunteer adults have come forward to listen to children read in school.
• For more information or to donate books, please contact the executive Hhadteacher’s PA email@example.com