Get reading with a new mini library for all at a school in Soham
- Credit: Archant
A new mini adult lending library has opened for the community in Soham at The Shade Primary School.
It has a number of adult books donated by the library service and the English faculty at Soham Village College.
Anyone is welcome to borrow the books, by simply signing them in and out of the library, located in the main reception of the school.
Louise Aldridge, community participation officer, from the Cambridgeshire Library Service and Lisa Radcliffe, headteacher of The Shade, opened Little Library with the support of parents and pupils at the school.
Dr Carin Taylor, executive headteacher of the Trust hopes that adults who might find it difficult to get to the main library in Soham on a regular basis will enjoy browsing and borrowing books from the mini library.
She said: We hope that the Little Library provides a new focus for the community in north Soham.
“Above all, even more people are able to share their love of reading with their families and neighbours by taking about the books they have read and enjoyed from the shelves of LittleLibrary@The Shade.”
- 1 Izzy, 16, bids to kickstart female football revolution with new team
- 2 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 3 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 4 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 5 Gay tweet pastor claims 'constructive dismissal' as school caretaker
- 6 War veteran, Freddie, marks 100th birthday
- 7 Unearthed treasures to be displayed outside British Museum for first time
- 8 Community group ‘hoping for success’ with opening of new cinema
- 9 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 10 Father accused of baby girl's murder had a 'short temper'
The Little Library will be accessible between the hours of 10am and 2pm, Monday to Friday.
The Staploe Education Trust has already launched a number of initiatives to promote its ‘Reading Matters’ campaign.
Large numbers of books have been donated to its school libraries, new book clubs have been started in the schools and volunteer adults have come forward to listen to children read in school.
• For more information or to donate books, please contact the executive Hhadteacher’s PA email@example.com