Get involved in Daffodil Appeal
NEXT month sees Marie Curie Cancer Care s Great Daffodil Appeal, and the charity is looking for volunteers in the region to help. Money raised from the month-long appeal will be for the Marie Curie Nursing Service, which provides free nursing care for ter
NEXT month sees Marie Curie Cancer Care's Great Daffodil Appeal, and the charity is looking for volunteers in the region to help.
Money raised from the month-long appeal will be for the Marie Curie Nursing Service, which provides free nursing care for terminally ill cancer patients and gives them the choice to die at home surrounded by loved ones.
There are a variety of ways people can support the charity:
- Become a daffodil collector - two hours can help provide four hours of Marie Curie Home Nursing.
You may also want to watch:
- Become a daffodil box co-ordinator - place and look after daffodil boxes in shops and businesses.
- Daffodils at work - get together with your work colleagues and spend a few hours collecting donations for daffodils in your place of work or study.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- Take part in the Great Daffodil Walk at Wimpole. This is part of the charity's Devoted to Life Walk series - visit the daffodil fields while taking part in three or five-mile sponsored walk on April 1, in the grounds of the Wimpole Estate.
Laura Sale, community fundraiser for Marie Curie Cancer Care, said: "The more people who come forward to help, the more money we will raise for Marie Curie Nurses. If we recruit 1,000 people, who raise £10 each, it will make a huge difference and make it possible for our nurses to carry on making a difference to local families coping with cancer."
INFO: Contact Laura Sale on 01223 416405 or email, email@example.com