Get hold of grants of up to £6,000 for solid wall insulation before pot of money is used up
- Credit: Archant
Grants of up to £6,000 are available on a first-come first-serve basis for homeowners wanting to install solid wall insulation.
They are available for solid wall properties usually built before 1930 without a cavity and are not means tested.
Installing solid wall insulation could cut energy bills by up to £455 a year and can be applied to either the inside or outside of solid walls. Insulation can reduce incidences of damp and mould as walls are warmer which reduces condensation.
Kayleigh Maguire, energy efficiency and sustainability officer at East Cambridgeshire District Council, said: “This is a great opportunity for anyone with solid wall homes built before the 1930s to get some financial support towards improving their homes and saving money on their bills.
“However we have a limited sum of money available so please apply quickly before it is too late.”
You may also want to watch:
To apply for grant funding, contact Action on Energy to arrange for an assessment of your property. This is being offered at a reduced rate of £29, which is reimbursed if you go through to install.
For more information contact Action on Energy on 0800 093 3303 or visit www.actiononenergy.net alternatively contact East Cambridgeshire District Council and ask to speak to the energy officer.
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor