Get a taste of The Ritz in Little Downham
- Credit: Archant
YOU won’t have to travel to London to get a taste of tea at The Ritz this weekend, it’s coming to Little Downham!
On Sunday, the village hall, in Main Street, will be transformed into a 1930s-style hotel restaurant in the style of The Ritz, complete with opulent decoration and charming waiters.
The event, called Putting on the Ritz, is being held to raise money for the village hall restoration fund, to bring the facility into the 21st century.
A carefully research menu has been prepared for the tea, which is set to include egg and cress sandwiches, cheddar cheese with chutney, scones, a plethora of teas, cocktails and canapés aplenty.
There will also be 1930s music from guest singers and instrumentalists to entertain guests, who are welcome to attend in dress from the period if desired.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser Paul Quant said: “We have a major programme of work planned for the village hall to improve the facilities and we hope this event will help add some funds towards it.”
Tickets for the event, which takes place on Sunday at 3pm, cost £10. Contact Patti Quant on 01353 699575 or Alan on 01353 698483.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 5 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 6 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 7 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 8 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 9 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 10 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats