Get a slice of the action and sign up for Bailey’s Pie Face Challenge
- Credit: Archant
A nine-year-old boy from Littleport has launched a brand new internet challenge he hopes will go ‘viral’ and raise thousands of pounds for charity.
Bailey Seekings lost his dad, Stuart, to a brain tumour last year and has decided to raise as much money as possible for the Brain Tumour Charity to fund more research.
Stuart, 30, was a popular figure in local football in East Cambridgeshire, playing for teams in Littleport, Ely and Pymoor over more than a decade.
Stuart died on December last year after finally succumbing to a brain tumour.
Having already raised £2,000 in sponsorship completing a charity run, Bailey has set his sights on raising thousands more and has launched a new challenge he hopes will quickly take off.
You may also want to watch:
Bailey wants as many people as possible to take on the Pie Face Challenge, where people film themselves having a pie splatted into their face before uploading the feat online using the hashtag #pieface #baileyschallenge
Participants then nominate three friends to take part and the challenge quickly spreads as more and more people take part and nominate.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 9 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
So far more than 90 people have taken part.
You can support the challenge by getting involved and texting HOPE to 70123 to donate £5 or, if you want to donate a different amount, text HEAD25 plus the amount to 70070.
Tonight (Thursday) a fund-raising event for Bailey’s cause is taking place in Littleport Village Hall, organised by the village’s New Spiritualist Society.
Starting at 6.30pm there will be short private readings, crystals and tarot given by mediums, then an evening of mediumship given by Shelley Youell and Daniel Wright. There will be a buffet included in the entrance fee of £5 and the chance to splat Rev Nick Brown with a pie.
INFO: Rev Wendie Perry 07585113876 or visit www.newspiritualistssociety.com