Georgina set to be the face of a million milk cartons
- Credit: Archant
A seven-year-old girl from Wicken is set to feature on up to a million milk cartons after writing to the owners of a dairy in Yorkshire.
has been unveiled as the star latest St Helen’s Farm carton star after writing to the Yorkshire-based dairy to say how much she enjoys drinking its milk.
Georgina Duffety-Fuller, has been drinking St Helen’s Farm goats’ milk since she was 18-months-old after her mum decided to switch from cows to see if it improved the symptoms of eczema.
After coming across some research on the internet, Georgina’s mum, Tamsind, thought it was worth trying to see if it alleviated the symptoms of Georgina’s skin condition.
Tamsind said: “We did try other milks, including soya and almond but Georgina didn’t like the taste. Even after a few days of cows’ milk the eczema reappeared and so I have since told other friends with children who have similar skin conditions – it’s amazing.”
You may also want to watch:
Many people who can’t drink cows’ milk can drink goats’ milk – and find in some cases that their intolerance symptoms are reduced or disappear altogether. St Helen’s Farm’s Mike Hind, said: “We receive lots of stories from people that have switched to goats’ milk and have found that the symptoms of a number of health conditions have improved.
“Georgina’s love of our goats’ milk is obvious and it is fantastic she has enjoyed benefits from switching, so this is our way of saying thank you for helping to spread the word.”
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 3 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 4 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 5 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 6 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 7 Contractors 'did not follow the brief' when it came to drain maintenance
- 8 Cineworld Ely expected to reopen in May
- 9 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone
- 10 Lunging challenge in boyfriend's memory raises thousands for charity