Georgina set to be the face of a million milk cartons
- Credit: Archant
A seven-year-old girl from Wicken is set to feature on up to a million milk cartons after writing to the owners of a dairy in Yorkshire.
has been unveiled as the star latest St Helen’s Farm carton star after writing to the Yorkshire-based dairy to say how much she enjoys drinking its milk.
Georgina Duffety-Fuller, has been drinking St Helen’s Farm goats’ milk since she was 18-months-old after her mum decided to switch from cows to see if it improved the symptoms of eczema.
After coming across some research on the internet, Georgina’s mum, Tamsind, thought it was worth trying to see if it alleviated the symptoms of Georgina’s skin condition.
Tamsind said: “We did try other milks, including soya and almond but Georgina didn’t like the taste. Even after a few days of cows’ milk the eczema reappeared and so I have since told other friends with children who have similar skin conditions – it’s amazing.”
You may also want to watch:
Many people who can’t drink cows’ milk can drink goats’ milk – and find in some cases that their intolerance symptoms are reduced or disappear altogether. St Helen’s Farm’s Mike Hind, said: “We receive lots of stories from people that have switched to goats’ milk and have found that the symptoms of a number of health conditions have improved.
“Georgina’s love of our goats’ milk is obvious and it is fantastic she has enjoyed benefits from switching, so this is our way of saying thank you for helping to spread the word.”
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment