Ely man who serviced world champion’s car in 1976 takes part in replica race
- Credit: Archant
An Ely man who serviced the cars of a then-world champion rally racer was among hundreds to take part in a replica of the 1976 Lombard RAC Rally at the weekend.
Geoff Glover, owner of Chettisham garage Geoff Glover Van Sales, drove his 1975 Ford Escort Mk1 RS 2000 in the race.
Mr Glover was among the drivers and 120 vehicles that formed ‘probably the largest selection of historic rally cars ever’ in Bath on Saturday October 20.
The Lombard Rally Bath 2018, which replicated part of the route of the 1976 Lombard RAC Rally and four former “special stages”.
The rally was particularly significant to Geoff who in 1976 was team manager for the Datsun UK works team.
You may also want to watch:
He serviced the cars for Andy Dawson and Barry Lee, the then current world hot rod champion.
To find out more about the 2018 rally visit www.lombardrallybath.co.uk
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut