General election 2019: Your chance to quiz candidates for SE Cambs at hustings in Waterbeach and Ely
- Credit: Archant
Voters get two chances to quiz candidates for the SE Cambs Parliamentary seat – at Waterbeach tomnorrow (Thursday) and in Ely on Saturday.
Hustings have been organised by two separate groups, with the first event being staged tomorrow (Thursday) in the Baptist church in Chapel Street, Waterbeach, from 7.30pm to 9.,30pm.
Attention will then turn to Ely on Saturday when the four candidates will be on hand to debate and answer questions at the Beet Club, Lynn Road, from 4pm to 6pm.
Both hustings will ensure as many topics as possible are covered although Brexit will, of course, be a major contender.
But questions on education, health, rural transport, housing and crime can also be expected to form part of the Big Debate.
You may also want to watch:
Jules Hillier who has co-ordinated the Ely event said: "We're aiming to fit in as many questions as possible."
Both hustings will be chaired/moderated by Ely Standard Editor John Elworthy.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
The candidates are Lucy Frazer (Con), James Bull (Labour) Pippa Heylings (Lib Dem) and Edmund Fordham (Independent).