General election 2019: Your chance to quiz candidates for SE Cambs at hustings in Waterbeach and Ely
- Credit: Archant
Voters get two chances to quiz candidates for the SE Cambs Parliamentary seat – at Waterbeach tomnorrow (Thursday) and in Ely on Saturday.
Hustings have been organised by two separate groups, with the first event being staged tomorrow (Thursday) in the Baptist church in Chapel Street, Waterbeach, from 7.30pm to 9.,30pm.
Attention will then turn to Ely on Saturday when the four candidates will be on hand to debate and answer questions at the Beet Club, Lynn Road, from 4pm to 6pm.
Both hustings will ensure as many topics as possible are covered although Brexit will, of course, be a major contender.
But questions on education, health, rural transport, housing and crime can also be expected to form part of the Big Debate.
Jules Hillier who has co-ordinated the Ely event said: "We're aiming to fit in as many questions as possible."
Both hustings will be chaired/moderated by Ely Standard Editor John Elworthy.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 3 Missing woman back home
- 4 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
The candidates are Lucy Frazer (Con), James Bull (Labour) Pippa Heylings (Lib Dem) and Edmund Fordham (Independent).