GCSE results: Witchford Village College principal ‘really proud’ as number of students achieving top grades increases by 10 per cent
- Credit: Archant
Both students and staff are celebrating at Witchford Village College after the number of students achieving top grades increased from last year.
The school’s results have improved by 10 per cent, with 67 per cent of students achieving five A* to C grades, compared to last year’s total of 57.
Principal, Chris Terry, said: “I’m really proud of the pupils and all their hard work and dedication.
“This year has seen some outstanding performances from pupils at every level and I am so proud of them for all different reasons.”
The school’s top performers were Ilhaam Kahn Blunden and Hannah Gosling, who achieved an impressive 12 A*/A grades and 11 A*/A grades respectively.
You may also want to watch:
Lucy Grinnell and Roslyn Seabright both achieved 10 A*/A grades, Christine Street, Catherine Jones and Jenna Loades achieved nine A*/As and Alice Graham, Ben White and Adam Tahir all achieved eight.
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 3 Man found dead in March
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 10 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public