Garfield the cat has a meet and greet with the new store manager at Sainsbury’s in Ely
- Credit: Archant
The new manager of Sainsbury’s in Ely has been treated to a meet and greet from the city’s most famous furry friend - Garfield the cat.
The resident puss is a popular fixture at the supermarket and has his own Facebook page and an army of fans who pose for selfies with him.
He hit headlines recently when in store Virgin staff were advised they had to shoo him off their couch if he came indoors after a young customer was scratched by him.
But he is still a welcome sight on the porch and around the car park where new store manager Simon Cross was treated to a visit.
Mr Cross posted on Garfield’s fan page: “My first day at Ely and this fella comes across to meet and greet. A nice welcome.”
You may also want to watch:
Garfield’s owners, who reply on the Facebook page on his behalf, owing to the fact he cannot cat type, said: “Welcome to Sainsbury’s Simon.
“I’m very happy this handsome celebrity welcomed you. He’s very popular and does so many different jobs including security for certain cars he decides to sleep on.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident