Garden party to be held to mark former MP’s retirement
- Credit: Archant
South East Cambridgeshire residents have been invited to attend a retirement party being held for Sir Jim Paice.
Sir Jim stepped down as MP for SE Cambs in May having served as representative for the area for 28 years.
On Saturday, July 4, a party is being staged in the grounds of the Old Bishop’s Palace, in Ely, to celebrate Sir Jim’s retirement, and the public is being invited to attend.
Entry to the event is free and is by way of the gate in The Gallery.
Sir Jim was elected as the Conservative MP for SE Cambridgeshire in 1987, succeeding Francis Pym. He served as Minister of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs from 2010-2012 and was knighted in 2012 in recognition of his public service.
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to attend, contact Suzanne Lindsay 01353 614184, e-mail: email@example.com or call the South East Cambridgeshire Conservative Association on 01353 658710.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 8 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 9 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash