Garages could become music studio under new plans
- Credit: Archant
An “unsightly” garage could be converted into a studio for music and photography under plans submitted to East Cambridgeshire District Council this week.
Haddenham Building Design and Consultancy has applied for permission to convert a garage attached to a former pub in Station Road, Haddenham, into a sound-proofed studio for the homeowners to pursue their hobbies.
The garages were built to support a business which was based in Station Road before the house was converted into a family home.
In a statement to planners, the agents said: “My clients both have hobbies, music and photography, which they feel are best pursued in a room where they can leave things out and close the door when not pursuing their hobbies.
“Both of these hobbies take up a fair amount of room and the garage conversion would present an ideal space.
You may also want to watch:
“The garage would be properly sound proofed so as to prevent interference to neighbours. This would be much harder in the main house and could result in damage to the main listed part.”
A decision on the plans is expected within the next eight weeks. To view the plans, or to have a say, visit www.eastcambs.gov.uk
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody