Fire crews from Chatteris and Cottenham work to douse flames for more than two hours as garage burns down in Haddenham
- Credit: Google Maps
Firefighters were left tackling a large fire in East Cambridgeshire for more than two hours after someone’s garage went up in flames.
Crews from the Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service's Cottenham and Chatteris station were called to the scene in Haddenham at around 8pm on Friday, September 6.
The firefighters worked on the Hill Row blaze for nearly two-and-a-half hours before returning to their Fenland stations just before 11pm.
A spokesman for Cambs Fire said: "At 8.18pm on Friday, one crew from Cottenham and one crew from Chatteris were called to a fire on Hill Row in Haddenham.
"Firefighters arrived to find a fire involving a garage. Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using hose reels and a jet.
"They returned to their stations by 10.45pm. The cause of the fire was accidental."
- 1 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 2 Community group ‘hoping for success’ with opening of new cinema
- 3 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 6 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 7 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 8 Progress on introducing new 20mph speed limits to be discussed
- 9 Baby murder accused 'didn't say much' after life support withdrawn
- 10 War veteran, Freddie, marks 100th birthday