Fire crews from Chatteris and Cottenham work to douse flames for more than two hours as garage burns down in Haddenham
- Credit: Google Maps
Firefighters were left tackling a large fire in East Cambridgeshire for more than two hours after someone’s garage went up in flames.
Crews from the Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service's Cottenham and Chatteris station were called to the scene in Haddenham at around 8pm on Friday, September 6.
The firefighters worked on the Hill Row blaze for nearly two-and-a-half hours before returning to their Fenland stations just before 11pm.
A spokesman for Cambs Fire said: "At 8.18pm on Friday, one crew from Cottenham and one crew from Chatteris were called to a fire on Hill Row in Haddenham.
"Firefighters arrived to find a fire involving a garage. Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using hose reels and a jet.
You may also want to watch:
"They returned to their stations by 10.45pm. The cause of the fire was accidental."
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 9 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion