GALLERY: We celebrate East Cambs’ entrepreneurial spirit at fourth annual business awards
EAST Cambridgeshire’s best in business gathered amid the magnificent surroundings of Ely Cathedral’s Lady Chapel on Friday night to celebrate the successes of the last 12 months.
More than 150 businessmen and women, councillors and business leaders enjoyed the fourth annual Ely Standard East Cambridgeshire Business Awards, the district’s foremost celebration of business innovation, success and growth.
The awards, hosted once again by Mark Peters of Star Radio, saw awards for Best New Business, Best Business Website and Young Entrepreneur - among a host of others - with this year’s premier Business of the Year Award going for the second consecutive year to Fordham-based Quotient Bioresearch.
This year, there were 29 finalists from across the business spectrum, with electricians and recruitment consultants right through to hairdressers and website designers all recognised for their contribution to the business environment in East Cambridgeshire in 2012.
Entries flooded in throughout the year but were whittled down by our discerning panel of judges, including lead judge Peter Watts, from Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce, who helped narrow the entrants down to a set of finalists before selecting the award winners.
You may also want to watch:
Ely Standard editor John Elworthy, said: “These awards provide recognition for companies and individuals who are contributing to the business success, best practice and positive environmental impact in East Cambridgeshire.
“They are, undoubtedly, the district’s only awards for excellent business practice and have become hugely prestigious and highly valued, reflecting the achievement of winning companies.”
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 3 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 4 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 5 'Support this local attraction,’ MP urges on museum visit
- 6 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 7 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 8 9 hidden gems of East Anglia by rail from Cambridgeshire
- 9 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 10 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
As ever, thanks were extended to the awards sponsors, Ward Gethin Archer, Price Bailey, Neaves and Neat, Quotient Bioresearch, Cheffins Estate Agents, The Boardroom, East Cambridgeshire District Council, Grovemere Property.
• To discover who won the 10 awards, follow the Related Links at the top of this page.