GALLERY: Viva’s Phantom of the Opera is a sell-out success
- Credit: Archant
Viva’s production of West End classic Phantom of the Opera was a sold-out success.
The Soham-based theatre group put on an innovative four-night run of the production at The Brook, with tickets snapped up and sold out more than a week in advance.
Hetti Wood, of Viva, said: “We had four sell-out shows which all received standing ovations and which have had some very positive feedback.
“It was a challenging production to put on but the cast did a fantastic job, the costumes were superb and Blue Shed Studios did an excellent job with the set.”
There were more than 40 young actors in the production, which received the backing of both Lord Andrew Lloyd-Webber and West End star Bruce Graham, who was part of the original cast of the London show.
You may also want to watch:
But there is no rest for busy volunteers and cast members in the wake of their latest success as auditions for their next production, Les Miserables, begin next week.
Meanwhile, Viva’s adult theatre group is preparing its first rehearsals of Pride and Prejudice.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 4 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 5 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 6 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 7 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 8 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
INFO: For more information, visit www.viva-group.org.uk