GALLERY: Viva’s Phantom of the Opera is a sell-out success
- Credit: Archant
Viva’s production of West End classic Phantom of the Opera was a sold-out success.
The Soham-based theatre group put on an innovative four-night run of the production at The Brook, with tickets snapped up and sold out more than a week in advance.
Hetti Wood, of Viva, said: “We had four sell-out shows which all received standing ovations and which have had some very positive feedback.
“It was a challenging production to put on but the cast did a fantastic job, the costumes were superb and Blue Shed Studios did an excellent job with the set.”
There were more than 40 young actors in the production, which received the backing of both Lord Andrew Lloyd-Webber and West End star Bruce Graham, who was part of the original cast of the London show.
But there is no rest for busy volunteers and cast members in the wake of their latest success as auditions for their next production, Les Miserables, begin next week.
Meanwhile, Viva’s adult theatre group is preparing its first rehearsals of Pride and Prejudice.
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 3 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 4 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 5 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 6 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 7 ‘It’s been like this for 11 months’ - woman’s assisted refuse collection failure
- 8 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 9 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
- 10 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
INFO: For more information, visit www.viva-group.org.uk