Gallery & Video: Let It Snow: School Closures; Road Closures; and Kids Having Fun
OVERNIGHT snow has caused major delays on roads in East Cambridgeshire but schoolchildren are enjoying an unexpected holiday. Up to four inches of snow fell in some places leaving workers stranded. A crash on the A10, between Stretham and Waterbeach, bloc
OVERNIGHT snow has caused major delays on roads in East Cambridgeshire but schoolchildren are enjoying an unexpected holiday.
Up to four inches of snow fell in some places leaving workers stranded.
A crash on the A10, between Stretham and Waterbeach, blocked the road. Police were called at 7am when both vehicles skidded off of the road and ended up in a nearby ditch. The road was closed to allow the emergency services to recovered the vehicles. The road reopened at 8.45am but warned of long delays in both directions.
Cambridgshire County Council announced this morning that 25 schools in East Cambridgeshire had closed.
Robert Arkenstall Primary
- 1 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 2 Pair trapped after A142 crash rescued from ditch
- 3 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 4 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 5 Have you seen Harry Gibson? He's wanted by police
- 6 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 7 Councillors left disappointed as decision made on £37m station project
- 8 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 9 Two women fighting for life after A141 crash
- 10 Ely and Cambridge for Neil Hilgrove Colledge recitals
Burwell Village College
City of Ely Community College
St Johns Primary Ely
St Mary's Primary Ely
Highfield School, Ely
Little Thetford Primary
Mepal and Witcham
Rainbow pre-school Ely
Soham Village College
St Andrews Soham
Stepping Stones pre school Littleport
Swaffham Bulbeck Primary will open at 10am.
Weatheralls Primary Soham
Witchford Village College
LOCAL ROAD CLOSURES
Road Closures as of 10am
A14 closed northbound between Spitals and the A1M. Diversion in operation.
A141 Fenland Way between the A142 junction and the B1040 Fenton Road in Chatteris because of snow.
Check the latest updates on radio traffic news.