Gallery: Thousands flock to annual Littleport Show
THOUSANDS of people flocked to the annual Littleport Show at the weekend. The extravaganza, at Highfield, took place on Saturday and has been called a huge success by the organisers. Hilton Law, a member of the show committee, said: If the feedback from
THOUSANDS of people flocked to the annual Littleport Show at the weekend.
The extravaganza, at Highfield, took place on Saturday and has been called a huge success by the organisers.
Hilton Law, a member of the show committee, said: "If the feedback from the people on the day is anything to go by, the show was a huge success as it would appear all who attended were very well entertained. We would like to thank all the people who attended the show this year and hope that they all had both a good day and enjoyed the entertainment that was provided.
"We would also like to extend our thanks to the many organisations that work tirelessly throughout the year to help make the show a reality. Without them, the Littleport Show just wouldn't be the same. This list is not exhaustive but must include the Littleport Women's Institute, the Littleport Rotarians, the Littleport Horticultural Society, the Littleport Flower Club and the Littleport Society, all of which are managed and run by volunteers."
You may also want to watch:
The Highfield Open Air Live concert, also organised by the show committee, is being held at the same venue this Saturday.
Gidea Park, 70s chart-toppers and Beach Boys tribute act, will perform live, supported by a member of The Hollies. There will also be tribute acts to Robbie Williams and Mark Knopfler.
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 3 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 4 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 5 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 6 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 7 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 10 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
Mr Law said: "There are still some advance tickets available at Adams of Littleport and Burroughs of Ely, or by calling 01353 860853."
There will be a licensed bar, three catering units and children's activities.
Gates open at 6pm and the concert starts at 6.45pm, with the Littleport Show talent winners Belinda's School of Dance.
On the gate tickets (if available) cost �12 for adults (18+) and �5 for children (5-17), under fives are free. Under 16's must be accompanied by an adult.