GALLERY: Stunning designs on display at school art exhibition
- Credit: Archant
ART and design enthusiasts are in for a treat this spring as a collection of original artwork by talented King’s Ely students goes on display.
A myriad of paintings, sculptures, photographs and fashion and textile designs will be on show at the Spring Art Exhibition from Saturday, March 9, to Friday, March 22, between 9am and 5pm in the senior art department.
The exhibition is free to attend and members of the public are most welcome.
The sixth form textiles students are also busy working behind the scenes to prepare for the forthcoming fashion exhibition at Olympia London, which takes place during the Spring Knitting and Stitching Show from March 14-17.
Director of art, Alison Rhodes, said: “This is a major exhibition of textile design where King’s Ely students have been invited to show how innovative textile processes can be used to show excellence in fashion design.
You may also want to watch:
“All AS and A2 textiles students will be exhibiting and the show will include garment and accessory design work.
“The exposure for our students at an exhibition at such a high profile venue is enormous; especially since a large number of our students go on to study fashion and textiles at university. This is an opportunity to celebrate the high quality work produced while making invaluable links with industry.”
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 5 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 6 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 7 Prosecuted drone pilot breached Civil Aviation Authority regulations
- 8 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 9 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
Tickets to the Spring Knitting and Stitching Show are available from www.twistedthread.com or by calling 01473 321872.