GALLERY: Stunning designs on display at school art exhibition
- Credit: Archant
ART and design enthusiasts are in for a treat this spring as a collection of original artwork by talented King’s Ely students goes on display.
A myriad of paintings, sculptures, photographs and fashion and textile designs will be on show at the Spring Art Exhibition from Saturday, March 9, to Friday, March 22, between 9am and 5pm in the senior art department.
The exhibition is free to attend and members of the public are most welcome.
The sixth form textiles students are also busy working behind the scenes to prepare for the forthcoming fashion exhibition at Olympia London, which takes place during the Spring Knitting and Stitching Show from March 14-17.
Director of art, Alison Rhodes, said: “This is a major exhibition of textile design where King’s Ely students have been invited to show how innovative textile processes can be used to show excellence in fashion design.
You may also want to watch:
“All AS and A2 textiles students will be exhibiting and the show will include garment and accessory design work.
“The exposure for our students at an exhibition at such a high profile venue is enormous; especially since a large number of our students go on to study fashion and textiles at university. This is an opportunity to celebrate the high quality work produced while making invaluable links with industry.”
- 1 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 5 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 6 Man named following fatal collision
- 7 Police increase patrols after reports of criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 8 Councillor shares 'perfect' vaccine experience to encourage others
- 9 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 10 Ex-councillor launches 'one million steps' charity challenge
Tickets to the Spring Knitting and Stitching Show are available from www.twistedthread.com or by calling 01473 321872.