GALLERY: Stunning designs on display at school art exhibition
- Credit: Archant
ART and design enthusiasts are in for a treat this spring as a collection of original artwork by talented King’s Ely students goes on display.
A myriad of paintings, sculptures, photographs and fashion and textile designs will be on show at the Spring Art Exhibition from Saturday, March 9, to Friday, March 22, between 9am and 5pm in the senior art department.
The exhibition is free to attend and members of the public are most welcome.
The sixth form textiles students are also busy working behind the scenes to prepare for the forthcoming fashion exhibition at Olympia London, which takes place during the Spring Knitting and Stitching Show from March 14-17.
Director of art, Alison Rhodes, said: “This is a major exhibition of textile design where King’s Ely students have been invited to show how innovative textile processes can be used to show excellence in fashion design.
“All AS and A2 textiles students will be exhibiting and the show will include garment and accessory design work.
“The exposure for our students at an exhibition at such a high profile venue is enormous; especially since a large number of our students go on to study fashion and textiles at university. This is an opportunity to celebrate the high quality work produced while making invaluable links with industry.”
- 1 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 2 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 3 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?
- 4 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 5 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 8 Branch president left pleasantly surprised thanks to freemasons
- 9 1,800 enjoy free Christmas day out at Ely’s ‘hidden gem’
- 10 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
Tickets to the Spring Knitting and Stitching Show are available from www.twistedthread.com or by calling 01473 321872.