Gallery: Students raise money for Liam's Fund
YEAR Seven students at Soham Village College decided to see the old term out in style and raise money for charity at the same time. As part of their end of year celebrations the students wanted to raise money for the CLIC Sargent charity by organising a f
YEAR Seven students at Soham Village College decided to see the old term out in style and raise money for charity at the same time.
As part of their end of year celebrations the students wanted to raise money for the CLIC Sargent charity by organising a fun evening full of games, stalls and stocks - with the help and co-operation of teachers.
Fellow student Liam Fairhurst, who is in Year 8, dropped in to join in the fun and encourage the fund-raising. Liam was named as Volunteer Fund-raiser of the year last week at the Fund-raising Awards held in London. He has already helped to raise more than £150 for the CLIC Sargent charity.
The good weather meant tutors, staff and other students turned out in good numbers. Teachers were lined up in the stocks to receive wet sponges in their faces, there was a football tournament, a bouncy castle, a cake stall and a games stall where winners won sweet lollipops and much more.
You may also want to watch:
The event was held from 4.30pm-6.30pm and, after costs, the young entrepreneurs raised £437 for CLIC Sargent.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 9 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash