GALLERY: Stage stars honoured at Viva’s annual awards ceremony
- Credit: Archant
Soham based arts and community group Viva held a spectacular awards evening at The Brook on Saturday.
Dozens of members and supporters packed into the venue to celebrate not only the past year of achievement but also tip their hats to the last 15 years of success.
As well as dozens of actors and actresses from the Viva youth and adult theatre groups, the ceremony was attended by South East Cambs MP James Paice, the mayor of Ely, Cllr Elaine Griffin-Singh and Viva president, Michael Fenton Stevens.
Awards for the past year, including best dance, best song and best performance, were handed out on the night alongside awards for commitment and dedication to the group and the wider community.
Ellie Bovingdon received the Viva Leadership Award, Charlie Ellerton picked up the Brackenridge Dance Award and Rebecca Storey won the Dan Schumann Award for Dedication.
You may also want to watch:
Some highlights from Viva’s year were also revisited, with memorable numbers from productions of Footloose and Bouncers revisited.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues