GALLERY: Stage stars honoured at Viva’s annual awards ceremony
- Credit: Archant
Soham based arts and community group Viva held a spectacular awards evening at The Brook on Saturday.
Dozens of members and supporters packed into the venue to celebrate not only the past year of achievement but also tip their hats to the last 15 years of success.
As well as dozens of actors and actresses from the Viva youth and adult theatre groups, the ceremony was attended by South East Cambs MP James Paice, the mayor of Ely, Cllr Elaine Griffin-Singh and Viva president, Michael Fenton Stevens.
Awards for the past year, including best dance, best song and best performance, were handed out on the night alongside awards for commitment and dedication to the group and the wider community.
Ellie Bovingdon received the Viva Leadership Award, Charlie Ellerton picked up the Brackenridge Dance Award and Rebecca Storey won the Dan Schumann Award for Dedication.
You may also want to watch:
Some highlights from Viva’s year were also revisited, with memorable numbers from productions of Footloose and Bouncers revisited.
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 3 Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- 4 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 5 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 6 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 7 Footballer hopes Wembley 'dream' can bolster Cambridge career
- 8 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 9 Nostalgic throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 10 Elections 2021: Polling Day across Cambridgeshire