GALLERY: Revellers chase the rain clouds away at Little Downham Fete
- Credit: Archant
The wind and rain didn’t keep the crowds away from Little Downham on Saturday as the recreation ground played host to the village’s annual fete.
Hundreds of people braved the showers to enjoy a fun-filled day that featured craft stalls, trade stands, races, a dog show and a tug-of-war.
A fun fair and face painters kept the children entertained while a beer and cider tent proved as popular as ever.
Money raised at the event will be donated to local charities.
A spokesman for the event said: “Thanks to everyone who helped and stuck with us through the rain. Also massive thanks for all the stall holders and of course all of the visitors.
You may also want to watch:
“It looked pretty grim this morning but turned out to be a great day. I am so chuffed with how it all went.”
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 7 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor