GALLERY: Record-breaking students achieve bumper haul of top marks
- Credit: Archant
Celebrations were in full swing at King’s Ely after it was revealed that students had achieved record-breaking results.
A total of 43 per cent of all grades are A* to A, which is an improvement of nine per cent compared to last year and 14 per cent compared to 2012.
The overall A* to B grades are also up, from 62 per cent last year to 67 per cent.
Principal of King’s Ely, Sue Freestone, said: “We are very proud of this year’s A Level students. In spite of dire warnings in the Press about the ‘raising of the bar’ and the impact that would have on results, King’s Ely students have bucked the trend by achieving the highest percentage of top grades on record.”
Individual achievers, who all received 100 per cent A* and A grades, include Georgia Baynes, Andrew Bosworth-Daft, Alexander Clubb, Anna-Rose Harris, Benjamin Love, Matthew Lowery, Anna Pyatko, George Ryan, Robert Seddon-Greve, Georgia Schneider, Juk Tsing Wong, Emma White, Constance Wynn and Sanjiban Mandal, who was awarded three A* grades and one A.
You may also want to watch:
Alex McGrath, head of King’s Ely Senior, added: “Our school community is celebrating the dedicated efforts of our students, and we would also like to acknowledge the fine teaching and exceptional advice and support of our teaching and Sixth Form staff who have played their part in today’s success.”
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 5 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 6 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 7 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 8 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 9 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 10 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening