GALLERY: Pupils take to the catwalk for annual prom show
- Credit: Archant
Soham Village College students swapped shirts and ties for suits and tiaras this week for the school’s annual prom show.
More than 20 Year 11 pupils showcased a range of dresses, dapper suits and even a kilt by the evening wear outfitters in a bid to give their fellow students an idea of what to wear to their forthcoming prom, scheduled to take place in June.
The models look was completed with hair by Burwell hairdresser, Katherine Paul; Newmarket-based Toni & Guy; and Barbers Inc Parlour of Mildenhall.
The girls’ make-up was done by Lilly’s Beauty Pad in Fordham, Scissor Sister and Saffron Stevens.
And the event didn’t end with the catwalk show, the school’s performing arts centre was lined with stalls offering beauty treatments, jewellery, skincare products and shoes.
You may also want to watch:
The evening was organised by the Home and College Association.
Judith Freeman, chair of the association, said: “This is the third year we’ve put on a prom show and we’re thrilled with the support we’ve received from local businesses. “We are the only school in the area to hold an event of this size and we’re really proud of it. The parents and students seemed to really enjoy it too and I hope they got lots of ideas from it.”
- 1 Village pub limits reopening to ‘bread and butter customers’ only
- 2 Park and ride from Milton to return next month
- 3 Action this day as new alliance slashes £72k from councillors' allowance budget
- 4 Witchford hold their heads high despite narrow Cambs League cup exit
- 5 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 7 Family pay tribute to ‘talented’ father-of-three veteran killed in crash
- 8 Letter: Amazing reunion for couple thanks to paramedics
- 9 Man charged with armed robbery in Fenland
- 10 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face
The Year 11 Prom committee also served refreshments to raise money for their special event.