GALLERY: Pupils take to the catwalk for annual prom show
- Credit: Archant
Soham Village College students swapped shirts and ties for suits and tiaras this week for the school’s annual prom show.
More than 20 Year 11 pupils showcased a range of dresses, dapper suits and even a kilt by the evening wear outfitters in a bid to give their fellow students an idea of what to wear to their forthcoming prom, scheduled to take place in June.
The models look was completed with hair by Burwell hairdresser, Katherine Paul; Newmarket-based Toni & Guy; and Barbers Inc Parlour of Mildenhall.
The girls’ make-up was done by Lilly’s Beauty Pad in Fordham, Scissor Sister and Saffron Stevens.
And the event didn’t end with the catwalk show, the school’s performing arts centre was lined with stalls offering beauty treatments, jewellery, skincare products and shoes.
The evening was organised by the Home and College Association.
Judith Freeman, chair of the association, said: “This is the third year we’ve put on a prom show and we’re thrilled with the support we’ve received from local businesses. “We are the only school in the area to hold an event of this size and we’re really proud of it. The parents and students seemed to really enjoy it too and I hope they got lots of ideas from it.”
- 1 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 2 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 3 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 4 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 5 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 Rough sleeping injunctions are ‘positive’ say council
- 10 LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: You have your say
The Year 11 Prom committee also served refreshments to raise money for their special event.