GALLERY: Principal praises King’s Ely students for their “fantastic” GCSE results
- Credit: Archant
King’s Ely is celebrating excellent GCSE results today, with one pupil getting 10 A* grades.
Every student achieved five or more A* to C grades and 60 per cent of all grades received were A* or A. Eighty-seven per cent of grades were A* to B.
Students performed particularly well in the sciences and arts. More than 90 per cent achieved A* to B grades in chemistry, physics and biology, 89 per cent in maths and 96 per cent in English Literature.
In textiles, music, drama, classical Greek and Latin, 100 per cent of students achieved A* to B grades.
There were also many individual successes, with 19 per cent of students achieving A* and As in every one of their GCSEs.
You may also want to watch:
Ned Bent, Emily Braybrooke, Laurence Halfpenny, Kelsey Hughes, Toby Lancaster, Tom Lu, Matthew Marsden, Annabelle Molyneux, Mark Parry, Panupong Pornsirianant, Phoebe Ryan, Jason Segall, Katherine Spofforth, Ursule Taujanskaite, Benjamin Taylor, Isobel Thompson, James Vasishta and India Baynes, who got all 10 A* grades, achieved this feat.
Principal of King’s Ely, Sue Freestone, said: “These results are fantastic. They bear testimony to the talent and hard work of our students and the dedication and commitment of the team of teachers who have supported them. I am really proud of them all.”
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Dr Nik in Ely for his first day as Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Mayor
- 3 Have your say on Network Rail increasing rail capacity through Ely
- 4 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 5 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 6 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Eggs from Peregrine Falcons nesting on Ely Cathedral rooftop hatch
- 9 Railways to royalty - a nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 10 Punch in face leaves man with fractured nose