GALLERY: Principal praises King’s Ely students for their “fantastic” GCSE results
- Credit: Archant
King’s Ely is celebrating excellent GCSE results today, with one pupil getting 10 A* grades.
Every student achieved five or more A* to C grades and 60 per cent of all grades received were A* or A. Eighty-seven per cent of grades were A* to B.
Students performed particularly well in the sciences and arts. More than 90 per cent achieved A* to B grades in chemistry, physics and biology, 89 per cent in maths and 96 per cent in English Literature.
In textiles, music, drama, classical Greek and Latin, 100 per cent of students achieved A* to B grades.
There were also many individual successes, with 19 per cent of students achieving A* and As in every one of their GCSEs.
Ned Bent, Emily Braybrooke, Laurence Halfpenny, Kelsey Hughes, Toby Lancaster, Tom Lu, Matthew Marsden, Annabelle Molyneux, Mark Parry, Panupong Pornsirianant, Phoebe Ryan, Jason Segall, Katherine Spofforth, Ursule Taujanskaite, Benjamin Taylor, Isobel Thompson, James Vasishta and India Baynes, who got all 10 A* grades, achieved this feat.
Principal of King’s Ely, Sue Freestone, said: “These results are fantastic. They bear testimony to the talent and hard work of our students and the dedication and commitment of the team of teachers who have supported them. I am really proud of them all.”
- 1 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 2 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 5 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 6 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 7 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 8 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 1,800 enjoy free Christmas day out at Ely’s ‘hidden gem’