Gallery: Hundreds attend Apple Festival
THE annual Apple Festival was held on Palace Green on Saturday and hundreds joined in a day of apple appreciation. The Festival included a market, children s activities (apple and spoon races), folk music and Morris dancing, competitions (longest apple pe
THE annual Apple Festival was held on Palace Green on Saturday and hundreds joined in a day of apple appreciation.
The Festival included a market, children's activities (apple and spoon races), folk music and Morris dancing, competitions (longest apple peel), apple caf� and refreshments (run by Churches Together), cookery and preserving demonstrations, woodturner and bee keeping demonstrations and an apple identification and display where mystery apples were identified.
This has become one of Ely's most popular festivals and is supported by Watergull Orchards of Sutton and Ely Lions.
The competition for the Best Dressed Stall was won this year by Pampered Chef with Cutlacks as the runner-up.
You may also want to watch:
Longest Peel Competition was won for the third year by Dr Justin Pachebat from Stuntney with a length of 6.19 cm
Organiser Tracey Harding said: "Despite colder conditions than in previous years, the day was very well attended with a lovely atmosphere. Everyone enjoyed themselves with lots of apple fun - the cider tent even ran out while the willow basket making was very popular.
- 1 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 4 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 5 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 6 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 7 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 8 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 9 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 10 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club