GALLERY: Hollywood stars begin filming in Ely ahead of schedule
- Credit: Archant
Excitement hit fever pitch in Ely this week as movie fans welcomed the arrival of Hollywood stars Marion Cotillard and Michael Fassbender, who both star in the new adaptation of Macbeth.
The duo arrived and began shooting scenes in Ely Cathedral’s Lady Chapel on Tuesday, two days earlier than had been expected.
Fassbender and Cotillard were both spotted in full costume making their way from trailers located on Cathedral Green to an entrance at the side of the cathedral shortly after 3pm.
Fassbender, who will play the lead role as Macbeth, was sporting white robes, thick facial hair and with a series of false scars over his face.
Cotillard, meanwhile, is set to play Lady Macbeth and was wearing a black dress immaculately plated black hair, styled in a bun.
Justin Kurzel, the director, has chosen to shoot at the cathedral just months after scenes from Hollywood blockbuster ‘Jupiter Ascending’ were filmed on the site.
Oscar winning film The King’s Speech and The Other Boleyn Girl have also featured scenes shot in Ely. Macbeth is set for release in 2015.
- 1 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 2 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 3 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 4 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 5 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 Rough sleeping injunctions are ‘positive’ say council
- 10 LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: You have your say