GALLERY: Hollywood stars begin filming in Ely ahead of schedule
- Credit: Archant
Excitement hit fever pitch in Ely this week as movie fans welcomed the arrival of Hollywood stars Marion Cotillard and Michael Fassbender, who both star in the new adaptation of Macbeth.
The duo arrived and began shooting scenes in Ely Cathedral’s Lady Chapel on Tuesday, two days earlier than had been expected.
Fassbender and Cotillard were both spotted in full costume making their way from trailers located on Cathedral Green to an entrance at the side of the cathedral shortly after 3pm.
Fassbender, who will play the lead role as Macbeth, was sporting white robes, thick facial hair and with a series of false scars over his face.
Cotillard, meanwhile, is set to play Lady Macbeth and was wearing a black dress immaculately plated black hair, styled in a bun.
You may also want to watch:
Justin Kurzel, the director, has chosen to shoot at the cathedral just months after scenes from Hollywood blockbuster ‘Jupiter Ascending’ were filmed on the site.
Oscar winning film The King’s Speech and The Other Boleyn Girl have also featured scenes shot in Ely. Macbeth is set for release in 2015.
- 1 Village pub limits reopening to ‘bread and butter customers’ only
- 2 Park and ride from Milton to return next month
- 3 Action this day as new alliance slashes £72k from councillors' allowance budget
- 4 Witchford hold their heads high despite narrow Cambs League cup exit
- 5 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 7 Family pay tribute to ‘talented’ father-of-three veteran killed in crash
- 8 Letter: Amazing reunion for couple thanks to paramedics
- 9 Man charged with armed robbery in Fenland
- 10 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face