Gallery: Fordham beat Bluntisham by 9 wickets
CRICKET ROUND-UP Tucker Gardner Premier League Division 2 Fordham 68-1 Bluntisham 67 all out Fordham won by 9 wickets FORDHAM dismissed their opponents for just 67 runs to claim a maximum 25 points at the weekend. Both Bluntisham openers fell to Ian Jelly
Tucker Gardner Premier League
You may also want to watch:
Bluntisham 67 all out
Fordham won by 9 wickets
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 5 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
FORDHAM dismissed their opponents for just 67 runs to claim a maximum 25 points at the weekend.
Both Bluntisham openers fell to Ian Jellyman (2-3) in similar fashion, with Mark Abbott - fielding at mid-off - pocketing both catches.
At the other end Clinton Cornwell's miserly spell of seven overs for just fove runs (one wicket) took the pressure off Fordham's other bowlers, and when Graham Arnold came into the attack the wickets began to fall with alarming regularity.
Bowling left arm around the wicket, Arnold took 6-17 from 6.4 overs as Bluntisham capitulated.
Fordham made light work of it, with Mark Silcock (pictured) and Gavin Harding (also pictured) putting on 46 for the first wicket in just 10 overs.
Harding went for 29, but Silcock was still there at the end with an unbeaten 37 as Fordham reached their target in only 15.2 overs.