Gallery: Fordham beat Bluntisham by 9 wickets
CRICKET ROUND-UP Tucker Gardner Premier League Division 2 Fordham 68-1 Bluntisham 67 all out Fordham won by 9 wickets FORDHAM dismissed their opponents for just 67 runs to claim a maximum 25 points at the weekend. Both Bluntisham openers fell to Ian Jelly
Tucker Gardner Premier League
Bluntisham 67 all out
Fordham won by 9 wickets
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 4 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 5 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 6 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 7 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 8 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 9 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 10 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
FORDHAM dismissed their opponents for just 67 runs to claim a maximum 25 points at the weekend.
Both Bluntisham openers fell to Ian Jellyman (2-3) in similar fashion, with Mark Abbott - fielding at mid-off - pocketing both catches.
At the other end Clinton Cornwell's miserly spell of seven overs for just fove runs (one wicket) took the pressure off Fordham's other bowlers, and when Graham Arnold came into the attack the wickets began to fall with alarming regularity.
Bowling left arm around the wicket, Arnold took 6-17 from 6.4 overs as Bluntisham capitulated.
Fordham made light work of it, with Mark Silcock (pictured) and Gavin Harding (also pictured) putting on 46 for the first wicket in just 10 overs.
Harding went for 29, but Silcock was still there at the end with an unbeaten 37 as Fordham reached their target in only 15.2 overs.