GALLERY: Flash mob heralds the start of new youth initiative for Ely
- Credit: Archant
ELY’S young people celebrated the start of a new youth initiative with a unique performance and showcase on Friday.
Hundreds of shoppers and tourists on the city’s Market Place were given a surprise when a group of more than a dozen youngsters burst into song and dance as part of a ‘flash mob’.
With their attentions firmly grabbed, onlookers were then led over to the Paradise Centre where there were plenty more stalls and exhibits showcasing the range of activities on offer for young people in the city.
Among the 18 organisations that attended along with the mayor of Ely were Ely Tennis Club, Ely Korfball Club and Ely Youth Choir.
The event was held to herald the launch of elyyouth.com, a website where the city’s young people can find out what is on offer to them.
You may also want to watch:
City of Ely Councillor Ely John Yates, who helped organise the event, said: “It was all very well received and a good way to celebrate the launch of the website.”
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 3 Lockdown easing - 10 pubs and restaurants say welcome back
- 4 Residents 'horrified' by Swastika graffiti in grounds of Ely Cathedral
- 5 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 6 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 7 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 8 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 9 Littleport marks Royal British Legion centenary year with moving ceremony
- 10 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest