GALLERY: Flash mob heralds the start of new youth initiative for Ely
- Credit: Archant
ELY’S young people celebrated the start of a new youth initiative with a unique performance and showcase on Friday.
Hundreds of shoppers and tourists on the city’s Market Place were given a surprise when a group of more than a dozen youngsters burst into song and dance as part of a ‘flash mob’.
With their attentions firmly grabbed, onlookers were then led over to the Paradise Centre where there were plenty more stalls and exhibits showcasing the range of activities on offer for young people in the city.
Among the 18 organisations that attended along with the mayor of Ely were Ely Tennis Club, Ely Korfball Club and Ely Youth Choir.
The event was held to herald the launch of elyyouth.com, a website where the city’s young people can find out what is on offer to them.
You may also want to watch:
City of Ely Councillor Ely John Yates, who helped organise the event, said: “It was all very well received and a good way to celebrate the launch of the website.”
- 1 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 2 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
- 5 Theatre group stream panto online for those who missed it due to lockdown
- 6 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 7 Spat at police officer tests positive for Covid-19
- 8 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 9 Cambs city voted ‘most likely to survive zombie apocalypse’
- 10 Viewers react to 'brilliant' 24 Hours in Police Custody: Black Widow