GALLERY: Flash mob heralds the start of new youth initiative for Ely
- Credit: Archant
ELY’S young people celebrated the start of a new youth initiative with a unique performance and showcase on Friday.
Hundreds of shoppers and tourists on the city’s Market Place were given a surprise when a group of more than a dozen youngsters burst into song and dance as part of a ‘flash mob’.
With their attentions firmly grabbed, onlookers were then led over to the Paradise Centre where there were plenty more stalls and exhibits showcasing the range of activities on offer for young people in the city.
Among the 18 organisations that attended along with the mayor of Ely were Ely Tennis Club, Ely Korfball Club and Ely Youth Choir.
The event was held to herald the launch of elyyouth.com, a website where the city’s young people can find out what is on offer to them.
City of Ely Councillor Ely John Yates, who helped organise the event, said: “It was all very well received and a good way to celebrate the launch of the website.”
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 3 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 4 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 5 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 6 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 7 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection
- 8 GP practices mark ‘momentous milestone’ in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- 9 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 10 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?