GALLERY: Festive fund-raising success at Soham Village College
- Credit: Archant
The best Christmas fair ever was how the latest festive fund raiser was described by the Soham Village College PTA.
People packed the event which raised £2,300 towards a new canopy as a rainy day shelter for students.
Ruth McNaughton, vice chair of the college PTA, said: “It went really well and was definitely the best ever with a fantastic number of people who came along and supported us. The total raised is impressive.
“Two choirs helped give a great festive atmosphere. We were well supported, not only by our PTA of 10, but also by many other teachers and parents who offered help, so a big thankyou to everybody who got involved.”
A total of 65 stalls were on offer for shoppers to browse among including stalls run by students.
There were a range of home baked goodies, jams, crafts, knitted goods, a tombola and games.
Mrs McNaughton said: “Thanks to very generous donations from people bringing in goodies we made double on refreshments than last year. All round it was a great success.”
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 4 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 5 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 6 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 7 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 8 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 9 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 10 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
The money raised will help fund a new £4,000 canopy.