GALLERY: Festive fund-raising success at Soham Village College
- Credit: Archant
The best Christmas fair ever was how the latest festive fund raiser was described by the Soham Village College PTA.
People packed the event which raised £2,300 towards a new canopy as a rainy day shelter for students.
Ruth McNaughton, vice chair of the college PTA, said: “It went really well and was definitely the best ever with a fantastic number of people who came along and supported us. The total raised is impressive.
“Two choirs helped give a great festive atmosphere. We were well supported, not only by our PTA of 10, but also by many other teachers and parents who offered help, so a big thankyou to everybody who got involved.”
A total of 65 stalls were on offer for shoppers to browse among including stalls run by students.
You may also want to watch:
There were a range of home baked goodies, jams, crafts, knitted goods, a tombola and games.
Mrs McNaughton said: “Thanks to very generous donations from people bringing in goodies we made double on refreshments than last year. All round it was a great success.”
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 4 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 5 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 6 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 7 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 8 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
The money raised will help fund a new £4,000 canopy.