Gallery: Family Portraits studio
HOT on the heels of the reopening of The Malting and the Babylon Gallery at Ely riverside, another new attraction has opened its doors. Ted Coney s Family Portraits is a galley, museum and open studio and is based at 49 Waterside in Ely, which is also Mr
HOT on the heels of the reopening of The Malting and the Babylon Gallery at Ely riverside, another new attraction has opened its doors.
Ted Coney's Family Portraits is a galley, museum and open studio and is based at 49 Waterside in Ely, which is also Mr Coney's family home.
For a �3 admission fee, visitors will be taken on a half-hour tour of Mr Coney's 300-year family home to see some of his paintings and also the archive material that has inspired them. All the paintings, which have taken Mr Coney 40 years to compile, are based around his family life and family relationships.
Mr Coney was previously head of art and design at Hills Road Sixth Form College, but has always painted in his own time.
You may also want to watch:
INFO: bookings for the tour are essential as only six people at a time can take the tour, go to: www.tedconeysfamilyportraits.co.uk
- 1 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 2 People power brings about changes to £800,000 roundabout scheme
- 3 Student defies challenges of pandemic to achieve first class degree
- 4 Retired GP's death 'avoidable' if cause of severe chest pain was 'more thoroughly investigated'
- 5 Alcohol shoplifter threatened security staff with large blade
- 6 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 7 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 8 London man jailed for running drugs line between Cambs and capital
- 9 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 10 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal