Gallery: Family Portraits studio
HOT on the heels of the reopening of The Malting and the Babylon Gallery at Ely riverside, another new attraction has opened its doors. Ted Coney s Family Portraits is a galley, museum and open studio and is based at 49 Waterside in Ely, which is also Mr
HOT on the heels of the reopening of The Malting and the Babylon Gallery at Ely riverside, another new attraction has opened its doors.
Ted Coney's Family Portraits is a galley, museum and open studio and is based at 49 Waterside in Ely, which is also Mr Coney's family home.
For a �3 admission fee, visitors will be taken on a half-hour tour of Mr Coney's 300-year family home to see some of his paintings and also the archive material that has inspired them. All the paintings, which have taken Mr Coney 40 years to compile, are based around his family life and family relationships.
Mr Coney was previously head of art and design at Hills Road Sixth Form College, but has always painted in his own time.
You may also want to watch:
INFO: bookings for the tour are essential as only six people at a time can take the tour, go to: www.tedconeysfamilyportraits.co.uk
- 1 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 2 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 3 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 4 Round one to High Flyer after highways gives thumbs up to giant mug
- 5 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 6 Our weekly round-up of what Ely Standard readers have to say
- 7 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 8 Foodbank receives ‘kind’ cash donation from housebuilder
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Leader’s reminder of human cost of £100k homes fall-out