Gallery: Family Portraits studio
HOT on the heels of the reopening of The Malting and the Babylon Gallery at Ely riverside, another new attraction has opened its doors. Ted Coney s Family Portraits is a galley, museum and open studio and is based at 49 Waterside in Ely, which is also Mr
HOT on the heels of the reopening of The Malting and the Babylon Gallery at Ely riverside, another new attraction has opened its doors.
Ted Coney's Family Portraits is a galley, museum and open studio and is based at 49 Waterside in Ely, which is also Mr Coney's family home.
For a �3 admission fee, visitors will be taken on a half-hour tour of Mr Coney's 300-year family home to see some of his paintings and also the archive material that has inspired them. All the paintings, which have taken Mr Coney 40 years to compile, are based around his family life and family relationships.
Mr Coney was previously head of art and design at Hills Road Sixth Form College, but has always painted in his own time.
You may also want to watch:
INFO: bookings for the tour are essential as only six people at a time can take the tour, go to: www.tedconeysfamilyportraits.co.uk
- 1 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 2 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 3 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 4 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 5 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 6 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 7 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 8 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 9 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 10 Offensive graffiti: ‘Hate crimes have no place in Cambridgeshire’