Gallery: Excellent Haddenham breeze past Isleham
A SCINTILLATING display of bowling from Haddenham saw them breeze past Isleham and secured them their fourth successive win this season. The fledgling team have flourished since their first season back from a merger with Ely and now sit in top spot in the
A SCINTILLATING display of bowling from Haddenham saw them breeze past Isleham and secured them their fourth successive win this season.
The fledgling team have flourished since their first season back from a merger with Ely and now sit in top spot in the Cambs and Hunts Junior League 5A, with a perfect record this season.
Having won the toss, Haddenham opted to bat first, a decision that proved an immeasurably shrewd one as they set about piling on the runs, albeit with a just a hint of restraint on what was a lively track.
Gary Thistlethwaite (80*) and Chris Hughes (33) led the way for the home side as they tucked into the Isleham bowling and notched up a telling opening stand. Although they failed to make many inroads into the Haddenham line-up, Isleham's bowlers did manage to keep the score down with some solid bowling, and kept their batsmen in with a chance.
You may also want to watch:
With their score far from unattainable, Haddenham needed to take wickets and, after a staunch opening stand, wickets began to tumble as the ball reared up off a length. Left arm paceman Mel Prior enjoyed the best of the bowling as he collected 3-23 to complete a fine day's work.
In the dying embers of their innings, Isleham's Sheldrick managed a rousing knock of 47* which included some monstrous six-hits, but it all came to late as Sheldrick ran out of team-mates to bat with.
- 1 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 4 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 5 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 6 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 7 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 8 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 9 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 10 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club