GALLERY: Ely Cathedral plays host to gospel rapper for Rave in the Nave
- Credit: Archant
Award-winning rap artist Guvna B stole the show as hundreds of youngsters enjoyed this year’s Rave in the Nave in Ely Cathedral.
The London-based artist, best known for his contemporary gospel rap music, has released four albums and won the award for best gospel act at the internationally acclaimed MOBO Awards and the Urban Music Awards in 2010.
He appeared at the cathedral on Friday as youngsters enjoyed plenty of fun and games, inflatables, crafts, live music, circus displays a labyrinth and a chill-out café.
Rave in the Nave is an annual Christian gathering for young people aged 12 and older from churches and Christian youth teams across the Diocese of Ely. It is organised by all of the major Christian denominations and has been going for more than 20 years.
Sarah Williams, from the Diocese of Ely, said: “Guvna B was great. He performed a set and really engaged with the kids, which everybody really enjoyed. He even did a selfie with the whole audience which he posted on his Twitter feed.
You may also want to watch:
“There was so much going on, from podiums where the kids could be gladiators right down to a chill-out room where they could reflect and pray.”
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 5 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 6 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 7 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 8 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 9 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 10 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats