Gallery: Crowds flock to annual Pymoor Show
THE 12th annual Pymoor Agricultural and Country Show was held last Saturday (3) and attracted thousands of visitors who viewed many special events and were spellbound by daredevil demonstrations.
There was a free bus service running from Ely for the first time this year which encouraged people to spend the day at the show. The host for the day was BBC Local Radio presenter Sue Marchant.
The crowds enjoyed live music, country and Morris dancing, circus workshops, vintage vehicles, trikes, motorcycles, a falconry demonstration, livestock competitions and much more. There was a Spitfire flypast in the afternoon.
One of the main events enjoyed by the crowds was Dogs Have Talent. The Dog Scurry was a 40m dash with straw bale jumps run against the clock with a prize for the fastest time of the day and the Dog Agility Challenge. Members of Growlies Dog Club were on hand to advise, guide and help. There was also a Family Pet Dog Show held in the afternoon.
Children had plenty of activities to keep them amused and happy, with a circus workshop, fairground rides, bouncy castles, face painting and lots of tractors. In the livestock area there were cows, calves, goats, lambs, piglets, alpacas, ponies and chickens on show and the children’s pet show gave the youngsters a chance to display their animals.
You may also want to watch:
Zero Gravity, a spectacular mountain bike stunt riding team, gave two performances during the day. There were cookery demonstrations, a clown show, security dog demonstrations and competitions throughout the day.
- 1 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 2 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 3 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 6 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 7 Friendship and dating agency gets £114,000 funding boost
- 8 Campaigning for those excluded from government Covid support
- 9 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer