GALLERY: Crowds delight in the fun and frolics at Soham Carnival
THOUSANDS of people turned out to enjoy the traditional mix of heavy horses and fairground fun as the Soham Carnival returned to the town on Bank Holiday Monday.
Now in its 59th year, the carnival is one of the highlights in the town’s calendar and once again proved a roaring success, with people turning out in their droves to enjoy a host of fun and frolics.
This year, the town’s recreation ground played host to a parade, a display from Team Extreme, vintage and classic cars, sports competitions, the raptor foundation, human hamster balls, grafitti demonstrations, model railways, the Viva Youth Theatre and plenty more besides.
There was also a live music stage with DJ and plenty of local music acts.
The much-loved parade of heavy horses once again took place, with winners enjoying star billing at a special prize-giving.
You may also want to watch:
FULL REPORT TO COME
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 3 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 4 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 5 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 6 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 7 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 8 Superb acting, singing and dancing at KD Theatre musical
- 9 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 10 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online