GALLERY: Crowds delight in the fun and frolics at Soham Carnival
THOUSANDS of people turned out to enjoy the traditional mix of heavy horses and fairground fun as the Soham Carnival returned to the town on Bank Holiday Monday.
Now in its 59th year, the carnival is one of the highlights in the town’s calendar and once again proved a roaring success, with people turning out in their droves to enjoy a host of fun and frolics.
This year, the town’s recreation ground played host to a parade, a display from Team Extreme, vintage and classic cars, sports competitions, the raptor foundation, human hamster balls, grafitti demonstrations, model railways, the Viva Youth Theatre and plenty more besides.
There was also a live music stage with DJ and plenty of local music acts.
The much-loved parade of heavy horses once again took place, with winners enjoying star billing at a special prize-giving.
You may also want to watch:
FULL REPORT TO COME
- 1 Punch in face leaves man with fractured nose
- 2 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 3 Boy, 14, to wear electronic tag and obey curfew after admitting harassment
- 4 Letters: No praise for Palmer, litter picker success and neglected roads
- 5 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 6 Have your say on Network Rail increasing rail capacity through Ely
- 7 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 8 Firefighters tackle deliberate barn blaze for more than four hours
- 9 Family 'thrilled' as pair's lockdown locks raise charity cash
- 10 Ely City coach excited to return ahead of charity cup farewell