GALLERY: Crowds delight in the fun and frolics at Soham Carnival
THOUSANDS of people turned out to enjoy the traditional mix of heavy horses and fairground fun as the Soham Carnival returned to the town on Bank Holiday Monday.
Now in its 59th year, the carnival is one of the highlights in the town’s calendar and once again proved a roaring success, with people turning out in their droves to enjoy a host of fun and frolics.
This year, the town’s recreation ground played host to a parade, a display from Team Extreme, vintage and classic cars, sports competitions, the raptor foundation, human hamster balls, grafitti demonstrations, model railways, the Viva Youth Theatre and plenty more besides.
There was also a live music stage with DJ and plenty of local music acts.
The much-loved parade of heavy horses once again took place, with winners enjoying star billing at a special prize-giving.
FULL REPORT TO COME
- 1 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 2 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?
- 3 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 1,800 enjoy free Christmas day out at Ely’s ‘hidden gem’
- 6 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 7 Branch president left pleasantly surprised thanks to freemasons
- 8 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 9 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 10 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council