GALLERY: Crowds delight in the fun and frolics at Soham Carnival
THOUSANDS of people turned out to enjoy the traditional mix of heavy horses and fairground fun as the Soham Carnival returned to the town on Bank Holiday Monday.
Now in its 59th year, the carnival is one of the highlights in the town’s calendar and once again proved a roaring success, with people turning out in their droves to enjoy a host of fun and frolics.
This year, the town’s recreation ground played host to a parade, a display from Team Extreme, vintage and classic cars, sports competitions, the raptor foundation, human hamster balls, grafitti demonstrations, model railways, the Viva Youth Theatre and plenty more besides.
There was also a live music stage with DJ and plenty of local music acts.
The much-loved parade of heavy horses once again took place, with winners enjoying star billing at a special prize-giving.
You may also want to watch:
FULL REPORT TO COME
- 1 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 2 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 3 Student defies challenges of pandemic to achieve first class degree
- 4 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 5 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 6 Alcohol shoplifter threatened security staff with large blade
- 7 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 8 London man jailed for running drugs line between Cambs and capital
- 9 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 10 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby