GALLERY: Crowds come out once more for Aquafest extravaganza
THOUSANDS headed down to Ely on Sunday for the city’s annual Aquafest extravaganza.
Revellers enjoyed a packed day of displays, demonstrations, food, fun and, of course, the much-loved raft race which featured its usual mix of weird and wacky entrants.
Witchford Voices entertained the crowds with an excellent half-hour set while dance demonstrations from Feathers School of Dance and Suspects Cru wowed spectators.
The King’s School Band played some old favourites in Jubilee Gardens while visitors were able to get up close to an array of reptiles and creepy-crawlies on Lavender Green.
Jacqueline Whipp, Rotary Club of Ely president, said: “We had some lovely weather and there was an excellent mix of stalls, crafts and entertainment for people to enjoy.
You may also want to watch:
“The whole day ran smoothly and I think everyone really got involved with the spirit of the event.”
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 3 'Support this local attraction,’ MP urges on museum visit
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 8 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 9 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 10 9 hidden gems of East Anglia by rail from Cambridgeshire