GALLERY: Crowds come out once more for Aquafest extravaganza
THOUSANDS headed down to Ely on Sunday for the city’s annual Aquafest extravaganza.
Revellers enjoyed a packed day of displays, demonstrations, food, fun and, of course, the much-loved raft race which featured its usual mix of weird and wacky entrants.
Witchford Voices entertained the crowds with an excellent half-hour set while dance demonstrations from Feathers School of Dance and Suspects Cru wowed spectators.
The King’s School Band played some old favourites in Jubilee Gardens while visitors were able to get up close to an array of reptiles and creepy-crawlies on Lavender Green.
Jacqueline Whipp, Rotary Club of Ely president, said: “We had some lovely weather and there was an excellent mix of stalls, crafts and entertainment for people to enjoy.
You may also want to watch:
“The whole day ran smoothly and I think everyone really got involved with the spirit of the event.”
- 1 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 2 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 5 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Railways to royalty - a nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of assault
- 9 Watch as police smash their way into suspected drug dealer’s flat
- 10 Residents reminisce as they dance, drink and get tattoos