Gallery: City of Ely tie with Fenstanton
CRICKET CCA Junior League Division 3A City of Ely II 167 Fenstanton 167-4 Match tied CITY of Ely hosted Fenstanton at Paradise Ground on Saturday and batted first. Fenstanton bowled them out in 30.2 overs. Top scorer was Michael Sellers with 35. Fenstant
CCA Junior League Division 3A
City of Ely II 167
You may also want to watch:
CITY of Ely hosted Fenstanton at Paradise Ground on Saturday and batted first.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
Fenstanton bowled them out in 30.2 overs. Top scorer was Michael Sellers with 35. Fenstanton's Brett Logue finished with figures of 5-53 off his nine overs.
In reply Fenstanton's batsmen ground out the runs in 40 overs and lost just four wickets. Top scorer was Mark Everest (55no), supported by Mitchell (30). The visitors needed 12 runs off the last three overs but were unable to put bat to ball when it mattered most and it was left to Everest and Andy Taylor to scramble two runs off the last ball to secure a tie. Ely used six bowlers, the most successful being Finch who finished with 2-18 off his five overs. Mark Deas took 1-23 off his 10 overs and C Aniskowicz had the other wicket. Ely conceded 34 extras.