GALLERY: City gears up for first professional panto
- Credit: Archant
THE Maltings in Ely is gearing up to host what organisers claim will be the first professional pantomime the city has seen.
Soham-based theatre company KD Theatre Productions is putting on Jack and the Beanstalk at the city’s iconic venue nightly from Boxing Day through to January 14.
Audiences will follow the story of Jack Trott (Natalie Coverley) and his trials and tribulations with the likes of King Crumble (Terry Gauci), Princess Apricot (Sarah-Jane Price), the Vegetable Fairy (Lucinda Withers) and many more.
Producer Daniel Bell, who will star as Dame Trott, said: “We’ve been planning this for the last year so it is really exciting to finally be able to announce it.
“We have recruited a fantastic group of professional performers who have all had experience performing all over the country.
You may also want to watch:
“With a passion for community, we auditioned more than 150 children to make up our teams of adorable panto babes, who are bound to steal the show.”
To book tickets, call the box office on 01638 781037 or visit www.kdtheatre.co.uk
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Man named following fatal collision
- 6 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 7 Ex-councillor launches 'one million steps' charity challenge
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air