Cineworld Ely celebrates ‘incredible’ first year - 10,000 screenings, 25,000 bags of popcorn and 260,000 cinema-goers
- Credit: Archant
Cineworld in Ely marked its first birthday last Saturday (May 12) after inviting film fans to celebrate an “incredible” first year entertaining nearly 260,000 people.
Matthew Shaw, general manager, said: “It’s been an incredible first year and we’ve loved being part of the local community, welcoming around 260,000 customers through our doors since we opened on May 12 2017.
“On Saturday, we gave away lots of prizes and goodies, what better way to spend our one year anniversary and show our gratitude than giving back to the movie-loving community who help make the cinema so great.”
The cinema hosted a variety of activities for its landmark anniversary including a wheel of fortune – plus giveaways and opportunities to win goodies.
Winners could get their hands on complimentary cinema tickets, food and drink vouchers and even movie merchandise.
You may also want to watch:
The 954-seat cinema has shown over 150 films across over 10,000 screenings of the biggest blockbusters and family films.
As well as thousands of hours of films, the state-of-the-art facilities has sold 2,032 kilograms worth of popcorn, or over 25,000 bags, since opening last year – which is equivalent to the weight of a hippopotamus.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station