GALLERY: Burwell pupils show off artistic flair in lead up of this year’s carnival
- Credit: Archant
PUPILS have been showing off their creativity in the run up to this year’s Burwell Carnival.
Key Stage One and Two children at Burwell Village College Primary School designed posters for an art competition. They were asked to make their posters relevant to “Theatre and Musicals”, this year’s parade theme.
Burwell Carnival, which takes place on Saturday from noon till 11pm on Burwell Village College field, is an annual charity extravaganza, bringing the community together to raise money for local carnival charities, sports clubs and village associations.
Last year’s Olympic themed Silver Jubilee Carnival raised £10,750 for 30 different local groups.
As well as the parade, there will be live music, fairground rides and a raffle.
You may also want to watch:
Peter Lancaster, of Burwell Carnival Committee, said: “We are expecting 16 floats, so it will be the biggest parade in living memory.”
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 3 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 4 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 8 Three hare coursers - with three children and three dogs in car - fined for damaging crops
- 9 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 10 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000