GALLERY: Burwell pupils show off artistic flair in lead up of this year’s carnival
- Credit: Archant
PUPILS have been showing off their creativity in the run up to this year’s Burwell Carnival.
Key Stage One and Two children at Burwell Village College Primary School designed posters for an art competition. They were asked to make their posters relevant to “Theatre and Musicals”, this year’s parade theme.
Burwell Carnival, which takes place on Saturday from noon till 11pm on Burwell Village College field, is an annual charity extravaganza, bringing the community together to raise money for local carnival charities, sports clubs and village associations.
Last year’s Olympic themed Silver Jubilee Carnival raised £10,750 for 30 different local groups.
As well as the parade, there will be live music, fairground rides and a raffle.
You may also want to watch:
Peter Lancaster, of Burwell Carnival Committee, said: “We are expecting 16 floats, so it will be the biggest parade in living memory.”
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 5 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 6 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 7 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 8 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 9 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 10 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats