GALLERY: Burwell pupils show off artistic flair in lead up of this year’s carnival
- Credit: Archant
PUPILS have been showing off their creativity in the run up to this year’s Burwell Carnival.
Key Stage One and Two children at Burwell Village College Primary School designed posters for an art competition. They were asked to make their posters relevant to “Theatre and Musicals”, this year’s parade theme.
Burwell Carnival, which takes place on Saturday from noon till 11pm on Burwell Village College field, is an annual charity extravaganza, bringing the community together to raise money for local carnival charities, sports clubs and village associations.
Last year’s Olympic themed Silver Jubilee Carnival raised £10,750 for 30 different local groups.
As well as the parade, there will be live music, fairground rides and a raffle.
Peter Lancaster, of Burwell Carnival Committee, said: “We are expecting 16 floats, so it will be the biggest parade in living memory.”
- 1 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 4 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 5 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: You have your say
- 10 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash