GALLERY: Brave Sarah waves goodbye to her locks for the Teenage Cancer Trust
- Credit: Archant
Ely College Sixth Form student Sarah Bebbington braved the barber’s clippers on Tuesday to raise thousands of pounds for the Teenage Cancer Trust.
Sarah, 17, is training to be a nurse and recently spent 16 weeks at Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge, working with children who were receiving treatment for cancer.
She said that a lot of the children were quite upset about losing their hair during treatment so she wanted to show them that it wasn’t such a big deal by having hers shaved off.
Sarah, from Ely, had been growing her hair for two years but barely batted an eyelid as her locks were shaved off in front of dozens of friends and family on Tuesday in the hall at Ely College.
Money raised on the day combined with various fund-raising events in the lead up to the shave-off helped Sarah push her total to a staggering £3,200.
You may also want to watch:
You can donate to Sarah’s cause online at www. www.justgiving.com/elyheadshave
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 3 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 4 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 7 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 8 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 9 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 10 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road