GALLERY and VIDEO: Bollywood Fair coming to Ely
- Credit: Archant
A taste of Bollywood glamour will be coming to Ely next month in aid of the mayor of Ely’s charity.
The Ely Bollywood Fair is the idea of Kriti Sachdeva, whose Bollywood dance classes have become wildly popular in the city.
The event is being held at the Paradise Centre, in Newnham Street, on March 16 from 12-3pm and will see a host of Bollywood-inspired activities taking place.
Cllr Griffin-Singh, said: “This fantastic occasion will not only help raise more funds for my charity but will also bring together the different cultures in our community; as the Asian community celebrate their heritage and Ely ladies dance Bollywood.”
Besides Bollywood dance performances from students of Kriti’s Ely and Cambridge classes, students of Ely’s Jigsaw Dance Group are set to showcase their talents.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be some Indian classical dance performances from students of the Sanskruti Dance Group and a healthy Indian recipe demo by a chef Barbara Fernandez as well as plenty of stalls, games, and activities.
INFO: Visit www.trybollywood.com for more information.
- 1 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 2 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 3 Residents 'horrified' by Swastika graffiti in grounds of Ely Cathedral
- 4 Lockdown easing - 10 pubs and restaurants say welcome back
- 5 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
- 6 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 7 Littleport marks Royal British Legion centenary year with moving ceremony
- 8 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face
- 9 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 10 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council