GALLERY and VIDEO: Bollywood Fair coming to Ely
- Credit: Archant
A taste of Bollywood glamour will be coming to Ely next month in aid of the mayor of Ely’s charity.
The Ely Bollywood Fair is the idea of Kriti Sachdeva, whose Bollywood dance classes have become wildly popular in the city.
The event is being held at the Paradise Centre, in Newnham Street, on March 16 from 12-3pm and will see a host of Bollywood-inspired activities taking place.
Cllr Griffin-Singh, said: “This fantastic occasion will not only help raise more funds for my charity but will also bring together the different cultures in our community; as the Asian community celebrate their heritage and Ely ladies dance Bollywood.”
Besides Bollywood dance performances from students of Kriti’s Ely and Cambridge classes, students of Ely’s Jigsaw Dance Group are set to showcase their talents.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be some Indian classical dance performances from students of the Sanskruti Dance Group and a healthy Indian recipe demo by a chef Barbara Fernandez as well as plenty of stalls, games, and activities.
INFO: Visit www.trybollywood.com for more information.
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 8 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 9 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 10 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’