GALLERY and VIDEO: Bollywood Fair coming to Ely
- Credit: Archant
A taste of Bollywood glamour will be coming to Ely next month in aid of the mayor of Ely’s charity.
The Ely Bollywood Fair is the idea of Kriti Sachdeva, whose Bollywood dance classes have become wildly popular in the city.
The event is being held at the Paradise Centre, in Newnham Street, on March 16 from 12-3pm and will see a host of Bollywood-inspired activities taking place.
Cllr Griffin-Singh, said: “This fantastic occasion will not only help raise more funds for my charity but will also bring together the different cultures in our community; as the Asian community celebrate their heritage and Ely ladies dance Bollywood.”
Besides Bollywood dance performances from students of Kriti’s Ely and Cambridge classes, students of Ely’s Jigsaw Dance Group are set to showcase their talents.
There will also be some Indian classical dance performances from students of the Sanskruti Dance Group and a healthy Indian recipe demo by a chef Barbara Fernandez as well as plenty of stalls, games, and activities.
INFO: Visit www.trybollywood.com for more information.
- 1 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 2 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 3 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 4 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 5 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 Rough sleeping injunctions are ‘positive’ say council
- 10 LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: You have your say