GALLERY: Ambulance station steals the show at Ely in Bloom
- Credit: Archant
Ely’s ambulance station was crowned overall winner of this year’s Ely in Bloom event.
At the start of the month, a group of eagle-eyed judges from the City of Ely Council and the Ely in Bloom competition committee carried out a rigorous process of judging on a walkabout of the city before drawing up a shortlist for discussion.
There were prizes up for grabs in a number of categories including best restaurant, best public house and best community flower bed among others.
The awards ceremony was held at the city council’s offices, in Market Street, where the ambulance station was honoured for its stunning display.
Vicky Creighton and Larissa Prothero were on hand to receive the award on behalf of the station, with the awards handed out by deputy mayor of Ely, Cllr John Yates.
- 1 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 2 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 3 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 4 Baby murder trial hears mother joked tot self-harmed
- 5 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 6 Man subjected to 'unprovoked attack' at village pavilion
- 7 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 8 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 9 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 10 Poet, Jo, shares poem in memory of sister to mark World Cancer Day
3rd Ta Bouche
1st The Hereward
2nd The High Flyer
3rd The Minster Tavern
Best Community Garden:
1st Fairfax Court
2nd Thomas Parsons Square
Best Public Open Space:
1st Ely Ambulance Station
2nd The Scouts flowerbed at Ely Police Station
3rd Barton Square
Ely Ambulance Station