GALLERY: Ambulance station steals the show at Ely in Bloom
- Credit: Archant
Ely’s ambulance station was crowned overall winner of this year’s Ely in Bloom event.
At the start of the month, a group of eagle-eyed judges from the City of Ely Council and the Ely in Bloom competition committee carried out a rigorous process of judging on a walkabout of the city before drawing up a shortlist for discussion.
There were prizes up for grabs in a number of categories including best restaurant, best public house and best community flower bed among others.
The awards ceremony was held at the city council’s offices, in Market Street, where the ambulance station was honoured for its stunning display.
Vicky Creighton and Larissa Prothero were on hand to receive the award on behalf of the station, with the awards handed out by deputy mayor of Ely, Cllr John Yates.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 3 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 4 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 5 Nostalgic throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 6 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone
- 7 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 8 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 9 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 10 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
3rd Ta Bouche
1st The Hereward
2nd The High Flyer
3rd The Minster Tavern
Best Community Garden:
1st Fairfax Court
2nd Thomas Parsons Square
Best Public Open Space:
1st Ely Ambulance Station
2nd The Scouts flowerbed at Ely Police Station
3rd Barton Square
Ely Ambulance Station