Funds raised for hearing dogs’
WENDY Lunn and her group of dog owners from Hot Dogs in Soham have beaten all records to raise nearly £2,000 for the Hearing Dogs for Deaf People charity. Chloe Parratt, regional fund-raiser for Hearing Dogs for Deaf people, said the money would be used
WENDY Lunn and her group of dog owners from Hot Dogs in Soham have beaten all records to raise nearly £2,000 for the Hearing Dogs for Deaf People charity.
Chloe Parratt, regional fund-raiser for Hearing Dogs for Deaf people, said the money would be used to train at least six new dogs.
The charity receives no public funding and relies solely on donations from members of the public. Miss Parratt said: "Wendy's support is invaluable and we can't thank her and her clients enough for all their hard work and support," she said.
Mrs Lunn, who runs her dog school from The Shades in Soham, said she provides training facilities for free as part of the Hearing Dogs for Deaf People Puppy Scheme and fund-raises every year for the charity.
A volunteer meeting for the Ely and Fenland area will be held at the Cathedral Centre, Ely on November 27. For more information contact Chloe Parratt on 07824 453319 or email chloe. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Missing woman back home
- 4 Petition launched to save village pub
- 5 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’