Funds raised for hearing dogs’
WENDY Lunn and her group of dog owners from Hot Dogs in Soham have beaten all records to raise nearly £2,000 for the Hearing Dogs for Deaf People charity. Chloe Parratt, regional fund-raiser for Hearing Dogs for Deaf people, said the money would be used
WENDY Lunn and her group of dog owners from Hot Dogs in Soham have beaten all records to raise nearly £2,000 for the Hearing Dogs for Deaf People charity.
Chloe Parratt, regional fund-raiser for Hearing Dogs for Deaf people, said the money would be used to train at least six new dogs.
The charity receives no public funding and relies solely on donations from members of the public. Miss Parratt said: "Wendy's support is invaluable and we can't thank her and her clients enough for all their hard work and support," she said.
Mrs Lunn, who runs her dog school from The Shades in Soham, said she provides training facilities for free as part of the Hearing Dogs for Deaf People Puppy Scheme and fund-raises every year for the charity.
You may also want to watch:
A volunteer meeting for the Ely and Fenland area will be held at the Cathedral Centre, Ely on November 27. For more information contact Chloe Parratt on 07824 453319 or email chloe. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 7 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 8 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 9 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'