£3,180 raised for family of ‘loved’ ambulance worker who is in intensive care with coronavirus
- Credit: Archant
More than £3,000 has been raised in just 24 hours for the family of an emergency medical technician from Ely who is in intensive care with coronavirus.
Jack Frost is “extremely unwell” from COVID-19 according to his friend Amber Bradbury, who is a paramedic at Ely ambulance station.
Since she set up the fundraiser for Mr Frost, who is currently in intensive care at Addenbrooke’s Hospital, 175 people have donated via Facebook to raise £3,180.
She said: “I have put a fundraiser together along with a couple of colleagues for Jack’s family to help them through this time. The money will be used to help them out with anything they may need during this time.
“Jack has worked tirelessly his whole life. He previously served in the army followed by a career in The Metropolitan Police before embarking on yet another career in the ambulance service.
You may also want to watch:
“Jack is a loved member of staff, and we are all extremely worried at this time.”
To donate click here.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress