Fun and games at Littleport home raises hundreds
- Credit: Archant
STAFF and residents at a Littleport care home raised hundreds of pounds for home funds with an afternoon of musical entertainment and fun activities.
Littleport Lyrics and Lilli Hines performed alongside the care home’s Anna-Marie Day, Nisari John and her sister Donna at a recital.
More than 80 people listened to the recital, while some took part in a fete in the grounds of the home, which included stalls and games. Local businesses also donated prizes for the raffle.
Care home staff, residents and visitors helped raise £550.
The money will be used to buy garden furniture as part of the ongoing development and restoration of the home and grounds.
Littleport Grange manager Kathryn McGuirk, said: “The support from staff, residents, relatives and local residents of Littleport and Ely was fantastic. The prizes for the raffle donated by local businesses meant that everyone left with something to remind them of the occasion.
“We’re delighted that staff, residents, visitors and the local community got so involved in the event and helped us raise money for the home and its grounds.”
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 3 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 4 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 5 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 6 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 7 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection
- 8 GP practices mark ‘momentous milestone’ in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- 9 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 10 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?