Fun and games at Littleport home raises hundreds
- Credit: Archant
STAFF and residents at a Littleport care home raised hundreds of pounds for home funds with an afternoon of musical entertainment and fun activities.
Littleport Lyrics and Lilli Hines performed alongside the care home’s Anna-Marie Day, Nisari John and her sister Donna at a recital.
More than 80 people listened to the recital, while some took part in a fete in the grounds of the home, which included stalls and games. Local businesses also donated prizes for the raffle.
Care home staff, residents and visitors helped raise £550.
The money will be used to buy garden furniture as part of the ongoing development and restoration of the home and grounds.
You may also want to watch:
Littleport Grange manager Kathryn McGuirk, said: “The support from staff, residents, relatives and local residents of Littleport and Ely was fantastic. The prizes for the raffle donated by local businesses meant that everyone left with something to remind them of the occasion.
“We’re delighted that staff, residents, visitors and the local community got so involved in the event and helped us raise money for the home and its grounds.”
- 1 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 2 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 3 Residents 'horrified' by Swastika graffiti in grounds of Ely Cathedral
- 4 Lockdown easing - 10 pubs and restaurants say welcome back
- 5 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
- 6 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 7 Littleport marks Royal British Legion centenary year with moving ceremony
- 8 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face
- 9 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 10 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council