Fun and games at Littleport home raises hundreds
- Credit: Archant
STAFF and residents at a Littleport care home raised hundreds of pounds for home funds with an afternoon of musical entertainment and fun activities.
Littleport Lyrics and Lilli Hines performed alongside the care home’s Anna-Marie Day, Nisari John and her sister Donna at a recital.
More than 80 people listened to the recital, while some took part in a fete in the grounds of the home, which included stalls and games. Local businesses also donated prizes for the raffle.
Care home staff, residents and visitors helped raise £550.
The money will be used to buy garden furniture as part of the ongoing development and restoration of the home and grounds.
You may also want to watch:
Littleport Grange manager Kathryn McGuirk, said: “The support from staff, residents, relatives and local residents of Littleport and Ely was fantastic. The prizes for the raffle donated by local businesses meant that everyone left with something to remind them of the occasion.
“We’re delighted that staff, residents, visitors and the local community got so involved in the event and helped us raise money for the home and its grounds.”
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 4 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 5 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 8 Three hare coursers - with three children and three dogs in car - fined for damaging crops
- 9 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 10 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy