Fuelled by success: Fordham Service Station nominated for national award
- Credit: Archant
A service station in Ely is celebrating after receiving a nomination for a national award.
Fordham Service Station on Carter Street has been shortlisted for SuperStation 2016, one of one of the most prestigious accolades in petrol retailing and open to over 700 Certas Energy-supplied forecourts across the UK.
The service station has been nominated in the Best Pace Sit category, and has been praised for its appearance, product offering and customer service.
It will discover if it has been successful on October 6 at the SuperStation Gala Awards Dinner, at Chesford Grange in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire on Thursday October 6. Ramsay MacDonald, retail director for Certas Energy, the largest supplier to independent fuel retailers in Britain, congratulated Fordham on making the shortlist.
He said: “This is an event we look forward to every year, celebrating excellence within our industry and the commitment that goes into running a successful forecourt day in, day out,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“The judging process is no easy task as the competition becomes more intense each year. Every member of staff at Fordham is a shining example of best practice in petrol retailing and a credit to the Pace brand.”
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 9 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 10 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely