Fuel theft woman fined
SADIE Fuller put more than £15 of petrol into a car she was riding in — but failed to pay for the fuel before it drove out of an Ely garage. At Ely Magistrates Court on Thursday, the 20-year-old Littleport woman was ordered to pay for the stolen fuel, an
SADIE Fuller put more than £15 of petrol into a car she was riding in - but failed to pay for the fuel before it drove out of an Ely garage.
At Ely Magistrates' Court on Thursday, the 20-year-old Littleport woman was ordered to pay for the stolen fuel, and was given a 12-month conditional discharge and told to pay £75 costs.
"This was a serious offence, to drive into a garage and make off without paying for petrol," said presiding magistrate Mary Rone.
"You now have the sword of Damacles hanging over you, and you must not commit any more offences."
You may also want to watch:
Mitigating, solicitor Jacqui Baldwin told the court: "Someone else was driving the car but she put petrol into it at the petrol station. She accepts she did not pay £15.18 for the fuel and that is owed to the BP garage. She says it was a stupid thing to do."
Fuller, of Wisbech Road, had admitted making off without paying for the fuel on March 5. She had previously denied stealing a pot of moisturiser worth £15 from Lloyds Pharmacy in Soham on March 4, and that allegation was discontinued by the Crown Prosecution Service.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity